Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chat. Gift. Thank. *CHEERS* to Making New Friends! :)

Why, Hello there! :D

I'm new to the community and would love to make some great friends. I've been fortunate to have come into contact with some pretty awesome people already and I love hearing their stories, seeing their progress with goals, ambitions, and new projects, as well as learning all there is to know about simming!

I've played Sims 2 on and off for several years, but never made it past the the normal daily routine type of things. I'm so excited about everything this community has to offer... so please, join me, let's chat... I'd love to hear what you're up to!

Cheers! :mrgreen:

-Ollie

Comments

• Options
    mrlabeanmrlabean Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hey Ollie!

I sent you a FR! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ollienpinksollienpinks Posts: 86 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks mrlabean! :D

How are you tonight? Anything interesting going on with you sims?
  • Options
    ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hello!
    Nice to meet you and welcome :)
  • Options
    ollienpinksollienpinks Posts: 86 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi Thelessy! Thank you. :D That is a BEAUTIFUL avatar. Tell me more about him/her...

I have the Pets EP, but I'm still hanging out and trying to enjoy Seasons before I install it. I think it's coming soon, though. Maybe this weekend? I see there's a lot of activity with horses... but I also hear they can be a bit high maintenance. Do you have experience with them? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi *waves* Welcome, I am sure you will love it here, I only got involved in the community last November and I have made so many friends and had a lot of fun :D I have sent you a friend request.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi, ollienpinks. :D Welcome.
    FR sent.
    I've been playing for about a year but have only got involved with the forums recently. I've found that there are heaps of really friendly simmers who are willing to help if you have a problem with your game.
  • Options
    AnnitaEatsYaAnnitaEatsYa Posts: 1,583 Member
    edited March 2014
    Welcome to the forums ollienpinks! I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

In response to your question about horses in Pets, I think they're high-maintenance-ish, but if provided with food, water and space to run around will take care of a lot of their needs autonomously. However, if you have a fruit/veg garden beware! Horses love snacking on the fruits of your labours. I've lost many a lovely garden this way so make sure to fence your plants in and set the gate to 'Disallow Pets' :)
  • Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited March 2014

Hi, pinks.

Great idea for a thread! (: Cheers!

*Sending gifts of nice thoughts your way :D*
  • Options
    AerlinnielAerlinniel Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi ollienpinks,
    Welcome to the forums :) I like your idea about installing one expansion pack at a time. I do the same - cause that way you got to discover get stuff for longer.

I'm not as knowledgeable about horses because I haven't had pets that long. One thing to think about with them is that you can use them as transport - and you can also enter them in races and such for fun. Even if your household doesn't have a horse be warned - there are wild horses that will come try to nibble on your garden. (And have you found the unicorn yet?)
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited March 2014
    8) Hiya Ollie, nice to meet you and I have sent you an fr as well ;)

Welcome to the best community around. This is by far one of the friendliest online places to hang out, and we all love to see new simmers join us. I have been simming since 2000 myself, as did my hubby (he gave up on it 3 years ago due to too many game limitations sadly), and we were very lucky to meet each other back in the sims 2 community in 2006. I never got involved in the online community side of things until 2005 and I was surrounded by so many friends so quickly that it was like gaining another huge family of friendships. Hubby and I were also very lucky to meet so many friends in sims 2 in person during our travels, and I wouldn't trade one second of those awesome experiences and will treasure them for life ;)

As for my game, it's not working now as it keeps crashing my pc so I have to wait til the end of this month to have it checked out to see if it's a laptop issue or if it's the game itself, so we shall see. But I do have a huge contest going on if you would truly love to learn with all of us, it's a journey around the world through each other's eyes and we'd love to have you aboard ;)
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/740286.page
    Hope to see you there ;) squishy hugz
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    BearLandBucFanBearLandBucFan Posts: 91 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi Ollie! Happy to have you on board! I am relatively new as well! I started playing back in January 2014 and getting on-line and in the forums in February!

I love to build, chat, and overall just have fun with the game! I have met many amazing people in the few short weeks I have been playing!

If you see me on-line, don't be shy! :)

* Great Big Bear Hugs
  • Options
    mcsnjbmcsnjb Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi Ollie, it is great to meet you. I'll send you an FR. :)

As for my game I have just finished making my flash mob gift, which I posted on the forum earlier on. Currently, I am working on a houseboat. Here is a little WIP picture I just took for you. :)

288pik9.jpg

Lots of love and hugs. I look forward to getting to know you better. :)
  • Options
    SeaKittySeaKitty Posts: 570 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi and welcome. I will be sure to send a FR. I am currently in college for my first year at Baylor University (it was pretty fun to play the Uni ep the summer before I started). My major is fashion design. It is pretty busy so currently I am just doing some relaxed simming; no major goals just raising a family. Maybe when summer comes I will get a bigger goal. :D
  • Options
    zackmiller7zackmiller7 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited March 2014
    Hey there! I have been wanting to make a thread like this because of the amazing simmers out there :]. I am always posting my memories and I enjoy commenting on others shared memories to see what they are up to in their games!

I am always sending gifts back! FR sent! Oh, and welcome to the best player community a game has to offer (in my opinion! :D)

-Zackmiller7
  • Options
    ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi Thelessy! Thank you. :D That is a BEAUTIFUL avatar. Tell me more about him/her...

I have the Pets EP, but I'm still hanging out and trying to enjoy Seasons before I install it. I think it's coming soon, though. Maybe this weekend? I see there's a lot of activity with horses... but I also hear they can be a bit high maintenance. Do you have experience with them? :mrgreen:

Thank you! I am glad you like my wolfy, you can download that wolf and a couple of other colours in my studio
    http://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?persona=Thelessy&assetType=all
    I actually made that one for a contest a while back and have used it as a template to make other wolves several times in my game.

The horses can be a bit tricky at first, but you get the hang of it. Give them plenty of space and make sure they get enough attention and they're a lot of fun.

Have fun!
  • Options
    ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited March 2014
    Why Hello There! I love meeting and greeting new people!

I'm sure we'll be the best of friends!
  • Options
    mrlabeanmrlabean Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks mrlabean! :D

How are you tonight? Anything interesting going on with you sims?

I'm sorry I'm just seeing this now. RL has been keeping me pretty busy lately.

My sims are nothing special. Actually I hardly play them because I am always building. I'm working on a huge 3 story, 8 bedroom, 3 car attached garage house for my friend's legacy.

How are yours?
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited March 2014
    8) Thought I'd give this a "cough....nudge....cough" for others to see ;)

squishy hugz
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited March 2014
    Sent a friend request. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Beware of the EVIL PUPPY. :evil: :twisted:
  • Options
    SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,323 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hello :D

FR sent and happy weekend :)
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    lessthanzero1013lessthanzero1013 Posts: 464 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hey, it's my buddy Ollie!!! :mrgreen:

I hope you are doing well, I've missed you big time! Thanks so much for the surprises! I'm almost done with your house. I'm sure you are getting tired of hearing that. :lol: This week has been unlike any other week, but I won't give you excuses. But starting tomorrow, I'll be gaining some of my daily normalcy back.

Hello to all the other Simmers that posted! Y'all can call me less or zero. I'm sorta new to the forums as well. I've been playing The Sims 3 for the last few years and played Sims 2 very briefly. I'm a long time fan of SimCity, but love The Sims so much more!! I do more building these days than playing.

Feel free to add me on Origin: lessthanzero1013
    00d43057-3a6e-4d56-8f19-6ae0d13c18ba_zps7c6fa94e.jpg
  • Options
    mcsnjbmcsnjb Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hey less, it is great to meet you too. I'm sending an FR to you too. :) I love building too, I look forward to seeing the house you are making for Ollie and all of your other work. :) Lots of love and hugs. :)
  • Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hey Ollie! I'm going to send you a friend request now :D
    I've played the Sims since... The Urbz: Sims in the City (which is a spin-off) and I've been playing ever since! I've been balancing playing and creating, doing both a showcase and a legacy challenge :)
    Nice to meet you all!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    StacyBaby019StacyBaby019 Posts: 381 Member
    edited March 2014
    FR sent, Happy simming :)

4028242048703015s.jpg